Friday, March 30, 2007



Excerpt: The Holy Ascension of the Prophet - 7th Heaven

The Holy Prophet continues his account:

"When I reached the Divine Throne, I wished to remove my sandals, but the Throne spoke to me and said, 'Oh Beloved of Allah, step upon me with your blessed sandal, so that I might rub the dust from it on my face, and take pride in the fact that the dust from the Beloved of Allah has fallen upon me.'

Again I tried to remove my sandals, but this time a call came to me from the Divine Person, saying, 'Oh My Beloved, do not remove your sandals so that My Throne might be honoured and blessed with the dust from the soles of your sandals'. I then entreated my Lord, saying, 'When You called the Prophet Musa to come to the mountain of Tur (Sina'i), You ordered him to remove his sandals.' Again this word came to me from the Divine Person, saying, 'In My view, you are more cherished and honoured than he; Musa was My Word (Kalimullah), whereas you are My Beloved (Habibullah). Look ahead and see what you will see!'

I looked and I saw a great sea, so great that there was no end to it, and no shore in sight. On its near side there was a tree, and upon that tree, there was a bird the size of a dove. In its beak this bird bore a piece of clay as big as a lentil. 'Do you know what this is?', I was asked. I answered, 'My Lord knows best'. And He Almighty told me, 'You are forever entreating me to forgive your nation their sins. This sea is the likeness of the Sea of Mercy. That tree signifies the world, the dove-like bird is the likeness of your nation and that bit of clay is the likeness of their sins. Now you have seen the relation of your nation's sins to the vastness of My Mercy, so let your heart be at rest."

- "Muhammad the Messenger of Islam: His Life & Prophecy", Hajjah Amina Adil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home